Layered Mochiko Manju
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups mochiko
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cans koshian or tsubushian (azuki beans) or mixture of both
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add flour, mochiko and salt and blend well.
- Divide dough in half.
- Spread half the dough evenly in the pan.
- Spread the koshian or tsubushian evenly over dough.
- Spread remaining dough over the top or crumble evenly to cover filling.
- Bake 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 325°F and bake another 30 minutes or until nicely brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.