Kyrgyz Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With your fingers, place golf-ball-size dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
- For variations of this cookie, substitute milk chocolate for the semisweet chocolate and/or add 1½ cups of chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts to the recipe before baking.
- Although you can substitute margarine for butter in this recipe, you will have the best results from butter.
- The cookie will have a richer taste and will be crispier around the edges like the original.