- Ethnicity - Bengali, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Cut the mutton into small pieces and set aside.
- Take oil in a handi and add the whole spices. When they crackle, add sliced onions and cook till soft. Add ginger garlic paste.
- Stir for 3 minutes and add red chilli paste and turmeric powder. Add the mutton pieces and bhunno well till oil leaves the masala. Add beaten curd, roasted cummin powder and salt. Bhunno for about 15 minutes till the Onion seems to blend into the masala.
- Cover with a lid and dum for 20 minutes on a tawa (indirect heat). Check for tenderness of meat.
- Serve hot. (Note that no water is useed.)