A rich stew of ox tail, leg or tripe and a variety of vegetables in a sauce flavored and thickened with ground roasted peanuts and toasted rice flour.
- Boil oxtail in 8 cups water for 2 hours or until tender.
- Set stock aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in oil in a large saucepan.
- Discard anatto seeds and add annatto water and oxtail to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in roast rice powder and peanut butter.
- Add four cups reserved stock, eggplant, string beans and banana heart and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bagoong or shrimp paste.