Kaiserschmarnn is an Austrian dessert dish similar to an omelet.
- ¾ cup (100g) flour
- 4 egg whites and 4 egg yolks
- 4 fl oz (120ml) milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp superfine sugar
- oil for frying
- Pour flour into mixing bowl. Dig a hole in the flour that reaches the bottom of the bowl.
- Mix egg yolks, salt, and half the milk together, then pour mixture into the hole in the flour.
- Mix the flour and wet ingredients together until bubbly. Stir in the remaining half of the milk.
- In a new bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into batter.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Pour about a quarter of the batter into the oil and fry over medium heat for about one minute.
- Turn over and cook the other side for about thirty seconds.
- Remove from the oil, place on a fresh pan and tear into 7 to 8 pieces.
- Return to oil and reheat for 30 seconds, turning over often.
- Place on parchment paper and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Cook the rest of the batter the same way.