Jordan's Beet Cake
- 1½ cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2½ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Harvard or pickled beets, chopped
- ½ cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup English walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup coconut
- Combine and beat oil, sugar and eggs together.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to the sugar and oil mixture.
- Add vanilla, beets, cottage cheese, pineapple, nuts and coconut.
- Mix well.
- Bake in a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan at 350 °F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.