The combination of a bit of Irish whiskey and tangy lime flavor in this meringue pie make it the perfect dessert for St. Patrick's Day. Makes 8 servings.
- Bake pie crust and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add and stir in sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, Irish whiskey (optional) and a few drops of food coloring (optional).
- Mix and pour into baked pie crust.
- In a mixer bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar. Beat until stiff.
- Spread mixture on top of pie, sealing edge of pie crust.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve chilled.