Instant Breakfast Shake
Fake Shakes from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 5 minutes
- Serves: 1
- 1 package instant breakfast mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup instant non-fat dry milk
- 1 cup ice cream or sherbet (2 to 3 scoops)
- 1 egg (poached or soft-boiled), optional
- lemon juice, optional
- Mix or blend until smooth. Add more milk for a thinner shake. If shake tastes too sweet, add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Make-Your-Own-Shake: You can add any of the following to the Instant Breakfast Shake recipe:
Try something not listed, mix together to make new combinations, or ask a registered dietitian for suggestions.