Indian Curry Marinade
If you want a bit more flavor in a dish, substitute this for curry paste in a recipe.
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp toasted coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs minced ginger
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- Pulse the toasted spices and the bay leaf in a spice grinder until finely ground. Combine remaining ingredients and ground spices.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 1 1/2 weeks. Shake well before using.