Idaho chili stew is a Superbowl recipe, that can be served with cornbread or tortilla chips. It can be converted to a vegetarian recipe by omitting the bacon and using vegetable stock powder.
- Source: Better Homes And Gardens
- Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook: 30 Minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- In a large saucepan, combine tomato juice, undrained garbanzo beans, water, potato, lentils, carrot, bacon pieces, onion, chili powder, and the bouillon powder.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Top with sour cream or cheese and sprinkle with snipped chives, if desired.
- Serve with cornbread or tortilla chips, if desired.