Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 35 Minutes
This Soup has lots of flavor and is fairly quick to make. It's primarily a mushroom soup but derives a lot of its flavor from other ingredients.
- Check Out More Authentic Hungarian Recipes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to hear through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately.