Hummus and Tahini
- Two cups of raw garbanzo makes 6 cups cooked beans.
- Soak beans overnight in water; add more water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove and simmer until tender.
- Drain beans, but reserve the liquid, and set aside a small handful of beans for garnishing.
- In blender or mashing blend the remaining ingredients, alternating in adding the beans, seasonings, and tahini.
- Bring to a thick, creamy consistency using excess bean liquid.
- Add the seasoning mixture and mix well.
- Put the humus into a bowl and add the following garnishes.
- Drizzle some Greek olive oil.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or sliced red onion.
- Top bowl with handful of reserved whole beans.
- Serve as a dip with nacho chips, pita triangles or stuff in pita bread with sprouts.