Huge Batch Navy Beans with Pork Ribs
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 8 pounds navy beans
- 28 ounces ketchup
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 pounds dark brown sugar
- 16 ounce bottle molasses
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 pounds boneless pork spare ribs
- 2 white onions quartered
- Wash beans and place in large cooker then fill with water.
- Soak beans overnight with the cover on.
- Add the remaining ingredients early the next morning then cook at 325°F for 8 hours.
- Stir occasionally and add water as needed.
- These freeze well in plastic bags laid flat in the freezer.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group