Huckleberry Merlot Sauce
- Makes about 1 cup
- ½ cup huckleberries
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup merlot or other red wine
- ¼ cup demiglace, (reduced beef stock)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce butter
- Sauté huckleberries, shallot and garlic in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add red wine and reduce by half.
- Add demiglace.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper and butter.
Per 1 Tbsp serving:
- Calories 25 | Fat 2g | Carbs 1g | Sodium 18 Mg | Fiber 0g
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/