Mixed meat jelly
- 2 lb (1 kg) pig's legs
- 1.5 lb (600 gm) cow haunches
- 1 carrot
- 1 piece parsley
- 3 onions
- 1 garlic
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 – 6 black peppercorns
- Chop the leg and haunches, put them in a sauce-pan, pour cold water over them, and start heating.
- Bring to a boil, remove the scum, add the vegetables and condiment, salt and boil on a very low heat til meat comes off the bones (3 – 4 hours).
- When the broth settles, remove and pour out the grease.
- Put a ring of an egg on the bottom of cups or small tureens.
- Remove the meat from bones.
- Cut the big chunks into pieces and put them in the cups.
- Dress the broth with minces garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and bring it to a boil again.
- Pour the broth into the cups and put it to the cold.