This is a Dutch cherry pie, made with puff pastry and large, sour cherries, which are called "Morellen" in The Netherlands.
- Defrost the puff pastry as indicated on the package.
- Roll it out on a surface dusted with the flour to a thickness of approximately 3mm.
- Put the pie tin on top and cut out 1 cm extending beyond the bottom of the pie tin.
- Put this on a baking sheet and bake in the middle of a pre-heated oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 200c.
- Remove this base from the oven and bake 2 more in this manner.
- Wash and drain the cherries.
- Cook the cherries with the cherry juice.
- Bind the cornflour with a little cold water and add to the cherries.
- After 2 minutes, take off the fire and cool until luke warm.
- Whip the double cream with sugar in a bowl until stiff.
- Spread the cherries over one of the pie bases and put the next one on top.
- Spread the whipped cream over the second base and smooth over.
- Mix icing sugar with gooseberry jelly and hot water.
- Spread over the third base and leave to dry.
- Put on top of the pie and garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.