Holland Tea Cakes
Holland Tea Cakes from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 20
- 1 cup (240g) sugar
- 1 stick butter (preferably melted)
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 cups (280g) flour
- 1 – 2 teaspoons cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- Colored sugar or nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix the butter and sugar until completely mixed. Add egg yolk and mix some more. Add flour and cinnamon and mix thoroughly preferably by hand (though this all can be done in a mixer if you insist).
- Pour batter into a cookie pan, spread over the whole pan use the palm of your hand to smooth the batter (this is the hardest part), and brush on leftover egg white. Add whatever toppings you want spread evenly across the batter (see below).
- Put cookie sheet in oven until cookies are golden brown (about 20 minutes). Remove, and let cool. Before they get too cool, cut them into small squares about 1 in by 1 in (2.5cm x 2.5cm).