Hillary Rodham Clinton's Chocolate Chip Cookies
HRC's Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies by the White House, public domain government resource
- 1½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Beat together shortening, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, beating until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture and rolled oats. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by well-rounded teaspoonsful on to greased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minuter or until golden.
- Cool cookies on sheets on wire rack for 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.