Herbed Pork and Spinach Terrine
- Remove stalks from spinach, wash spinach leaves, tear up roughly, place in steamer or large pan.
- Cover tightly, cook until leaves are tender
- Drain, press out all moisture.
- Place spinach in food processor, process until spinach is finely chopped.
- Place spinach in bowl, add mince, 125g finely chopped bacon, chopped parsley, crushed garlic, basil, thyme, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Cover chicken livers with water, leave 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in pan, add finely chopped onions. Cook until onions are just tender.
- Drain chicken livers, clean, cut livers into 1cm pieces.
- Add livers to pan, cook 2 minutes.
- Pour brandy over, mix well, stir in madeira and cream.
- Bring mixture to boil, remove from heat, allow to cool then stir in spinach mixture with lightly beaten eggs, mix well.
- Shell pistachio nuts, cover pistachio nuts with hot water, leave 5 minutes, remove skins.
- Add nuts to mixture, mix well.
- Line base and sides of loaf tin (base measures 12 cm x 22cm) with bacon (remove rind first).
- Add half the spinach mixture.
- Place speck on top of ham slices, roll up, place ham rolls along furrow.
- Spoon remaining spinach mixture on top.
- Cover with remaining bacon.
- Cover with aluminium foil, secure with string, place in baking dish with hot water to come halfway up sides of loaf tin.
- Bake in moderate oven for 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place a weight on top, cool, refrigerate overnight.