Henry Estate Pineapple Chicken
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henry Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1980. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans pineapple chunks drained
- 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- In a large saucepan combine the first six ingredients until smooth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger then cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group