Hearts and Bows Present Cakes
- 2 boxes pound cake mix, using eggs and water as indicated on package
- 3 cans vanilla or chocolate frosting
- 1 1/2 oz semisweet chocolate or white chocolate
- 20 feet thin ribbon, for wrapping and bows
- Heat oven to 350 °F
- Grease one 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Dust pan with flour.
- Prepare 2 boxes pound cake mix following package directions.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 60 min. or until done.
- Unmold cake and let cool.
- Invert cake and trim top level.
- Cut cake into 3 inch pieces for a total of 12 mini cakes.
- Spoon frosting into microwave bowl.
- Microwave on high until consistency of thickened liquid, 2 min.
- Pour over cakes. Spread with spatula to cover cakes, including sides.
- Let stand until set.
- Cover with second coat of frosting.
- Piped hearts
- Melt semisweet or white chocolate in saucepan.
- Let cool slightly.
- Pour into pastry bag fitted with small writing tip.
- Onto wax paper on baking sheet, pipe small hearts.
- Place in freezer until hardened.
- Transfer hearts to tops of cakes.
- Wrap ribbon around cakes to create gift packages, press ribbon on frosting to adhere. Makes a bow, place on cake.
Makes 12 individual Valentine cakes
- "Catsrecipes Y-Groupp" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/s