Ham Burgundy Sauce with Onion Rice
Makes 6 servings
- 1 x 16-ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
- ½ cup burgundy
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cut into cubes or strips (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Combine cranberry sauce, burgundy, mustard, salt, pepper and cloves. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ham and heat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, cook green onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in rice and heat thoroughly. Serve with ham burgundy sauce.