- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Break the vermicelli into very small pieces and add to the butter.
- Stir over medium-low heat for two minutes, until the butter is well mixed in the vermicelli.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Add the nuts, coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir with a spoon until well mixed.
- Press into small molds: (we use the 10ml cups that come with children's medicine or the scoop from a can of baby formula)
- First, dip the mold in the powdered sugar, making sure to coat all of the inside of the mold.
- Then, shake off the powdered sugar.
- Firmly press the mixture into the mold.
- Turn the mold upside down and tap the top of it with a spoon, until the "halaweeyat" fall out of the mold in a nice shape.
- Carefully place on a plate.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cover the "halaweeyat" and allow to sit for 2 hours (so the vermicelli will absorb the sweetened condensed milk).]