Guandules con Coco
- 2 cups of green pigeon peas, boiled very soft
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- 1 small red onion cut into four quarters
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander / cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- ½ teaspoon of mashed garlic
- 1 pinch of oregano
- In a pot heat the oil.
- Add oregano, onion, garlic, celery and herbs.
- Stir and add two tablespoons of water.
- When the water has almost evaporated add the chicken stock and two more tablespoons of water, and stir.
- Add peas and three cups of water mashing over heat.
- Let boil at medium heat until the water evaporates.
- Add the coconut milk and boil until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Adjust salt to taste.