Grilled Salmon Sandwich
- 4 salmon fillet, 3 oz, skinned
- ½ tsp tarragon, dried, crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper, black
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1½ cup Boston lettuce leaves
- ½ cup plum tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slice pumpernickel, 1 oz
- Spray indoor ridged grill with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat, or prepare outdoor grill according to manufacturer's directions.
- Sprinkle salmon on both sides with tarragon, salt and black pepper.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side, until fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to prepare sauce, in small nonstick skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, relish, lemon juice and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently, 2–3 minutes, until sauce boils and reduces slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- To assemble sandwich, divide lettuce and tomato evenly over bread.
- Place salmon on top and drizzle evenly with sauce.
Each serving provides: ½ fa, 2p, 1v, 1b, 10c, per serving: 229 calories, 20 g pro, 8 g fat, 19 g car, 369 mg Na, 47 mg chol