Grilled Lamb Taco   is a traditional street food in Mexico, a delicacy.
- 1 pound lamb loin or lamb sirloin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground ancho chile
- 1 tsp ground Californnia or guajilllo chile
- 2 tsp ground chipotle chile
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- diced white onions mixed with chopped cilantro
- Prepare lamb by removing the fat and silverskin with a knife.
- Cut meat into smaller pieces.
- Create a paste with; oil, salt, garlic and ginger.
- Include the ground chiles adn cocoa by stirring.
- Rub this mixture all over the meat.
- Cover the meat, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Warm pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook lamb to medium-rare, ~5 min on each side.
- Let meat sit on warm plate.
- Slice meat to gently pile on tortilla.
- Top with onion and cilantro mix.
- (optional) Serve with salsa on the side along with beans for a traditional meal.
- ↑ Schneider, Deborah (2010). Amor Y Tacos. Stewart, Tabori & Chang. pp. 93. ISBN 978-1-58479-824-8.
- ↑ Poore, Marge (1993). 365 Easy Mexican Recipes. HarperCollins Publishers, Inc.. pp. 201. ISBN 0-06-016963-X.