Green Beans with Horseradish Sauce
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Day Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 pounds fresh green beans cooked
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated white onion
- ¼ teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Sauté onion in butter then add flour and stir well.
- Add milk and cook until smooth and thick.
- Add horseradish and mustard.
- Pour sauce over warm beans and serve immediately.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group