Greek Stuffed Chicken
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Number of Servings: 4
- parchment paper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning blend, divided
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6 oz each)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Tear off four 15-inch sheets of Reynold's parchment paper.
- Fold each sheet in half and crease it in the center.
- Mix together olive oil, 1½ teaspoons Greek seasoning and seasoned salt; set aside.
- Combine feta cheese, olives, garlic and remaining Greek seasoning.
- To create a pocket, make a long, deep horizontal cut in one side of each chicken breast being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff ¼ of cheese mixture into each chicken breast half.
- Drizzle with ¼ of olive oil mixture.
- Fold over other half of sheet to enclose ingredients.
- Starting at top corner, make small overlapping folds down entire length of packet to seal edges together.
- Twist the last fold several times to make a tight seal.
- Repeat to make 4 packets.
- Place parchment packets on large cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, onions and basil; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place parchment packets on dinner plates.
- Carefully cut an x in top of each packet to allow steam to escape.
- Top with tomato relish.
- Serve immediately.