Great Pumpkin Cookies
Lois Jensen provided this recipe. A long time Chewelah neighbor gave this delicious cookie recipe to me by the name of Marie Fouker. Marie lived across the street from us for years in Chewelah and was always there to help us when needed.
- Contributed by David D. Vaughan (DVAUGHAN@bak.rr.com)
- Yields about 19 to 20 cookies.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin (Libby's)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar gradually.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix.
- Alternate the dry ingredients and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each cookie place ¼ cup of dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Put a few chips on top.
- Make cookies about 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm and lightly browned.
- Decorate if one wishes with candies, raisins, or nuts.