Great Key Lime Pie
- 1 (12.3 ounces) package Mori-Nu firm silken tofu (i use lite)
- 8 ounces soy cream cheese
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime rind
- 2 (4 ounces) packages Mori-Nu mates vanilla pudding mix (must be this brand--it's made to go with the tofu)
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener, to taste (I use honey but that's not vegan!)
- 1 x 9 in.baked pastry shell or 9-inch graham cracker crust (I prefer graham)
- Drain any excess water from the tofu.
- Blend tofu and lime juice in a processor or blender until creamy and smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except crust!), and blend again until smooth.
- At this point, i had to transfer the mixture to a bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer, since it was too thick and stiff for my blender.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
- This sets up very firm.
- It also makes a great pudding or little tartlet filling for fancy desserts!.
Vegan Tofu Key Lime Pie Videos