Gorkhali Chicken Satay
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, thinly sliced and cut in 2-inch length
- bamboo skewers, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- melted butter, for basting
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 fresh red chilies
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Szechwan pepper (timur)
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- In a blender, process all marinating ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Marinate chicken slices in chicken marinade for overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pat dry the marinated chicken pieces and thread on with soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill to the desired doneness, frequently turning and basting with the melted butter.
- Serve hot with tomato achar.