Gluten-Free Banana Muffins
Use 12 medium muffin cups (grease if not using paper cups).
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (1 cup rice flour, 2/3 cup garbanzo, 1/3 cup tapioca per OP)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (pricey, but it does magical things)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 and 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (regular or sea salt)
- 8 tbsp maple syrup (or 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk (or rice milk)
- 1/4 cup safflower/sunflower/canola oil
- 1 tbsp apple sauce (still feeling this out)
- 1 bean of fresh vanilla scrapings
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir only until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
Fold in 1 cup of mashed banana. (The riper, the better.)
Fold in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans for added taste.
Fill muffin cups two thirds full. Slightly more for paper cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
Remove from cups and cool on wire rack.