Ghosts in the Graveyard
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2¼ cups chocolate cookie crumbs, divided
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (85 g each) Jell-O orange jelly powder
- ice cubes
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 3 cups whipped cream, divided
- 4 shortcake biscuits (rectangular)
- assorted decorating gels
- coloured sprinkles
- assorted Halloween candies
- Combine 2 cups of the baking crumbs and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry jelly powder in large bowl until completely dissolved.
- Add enough ice cubes to orange juice to measure 1¾ cups.
- Add to jelly; stir until jelly is slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.
- Pour jelly over crust. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spread 2¼ cups of the whipped cream over jelly layer in pan; sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup baking crumbs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until jelly layer is completely set.
- Meanwhile, decorate biscuits with decorating gels to resemble tombstones; let stand until set.
- Insert biscuits into top of dessert just before serving.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the remaining whipped cream onto dessert to resemble ghosts.
- Decorate with sprinkles and candies as desired.
- Cut into 16 pieces to serve.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
- Sdd ¼ cup flaked coconut to the remaining ¼ cup baking crumbs before sprinkling over the jelly layer if you like.