Garden-style Turkey Loaf
- Source: Susan Nicholson at Universal Press Syndicate via ArcaMax
- Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: about 1 hour, plus 5 minutes standing time
- Makes 9 slices
- 1 x 10oz pkg fresh spinach, chopped
- 1½ lb ground turkey breast
- 1 cup oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave spinach 3 minutes on high (100 percent power); squeeze dry.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, turkey, oats, onion, carrots, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish lined with nonstick foil, shape mixture into a 9-by-5-inch loaf.
- Bake 50 minutes to one hour, or until internal temperature registers 170°F and center is no longer pink.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- 143 Calories | 22g Protein | 2g Fat (13% Calories from Fat) | 0.6g Saturated Fat | 75mg Cholesterol | 134mg Sodium | 9g Carbs | 2g Fiber
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/