Fusilli with Fresh Tomato and Olive Sauce
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup kalamata or other brine-cured black olives, pitted, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1½ pounds plum tomatoes (about 8 large), chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pound fusilli, freshly cooked
- 1½ cups soy cheese (I used a combo of soy parm and soy mozzarella)
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add , chopped Onion, chopped garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté until Onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and stir until tomatoes are just warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in red wine vinegar. Add cooked Pasta, soy cheese and fresh basil and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl.