Fruit à la Russe
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp fructose
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp rum extract
- 3 California nectarine
- 6 fresh California plum
- In top of double boiler, scald milk.
- Slowly add about ¼ cup hot milk to egg, stirring with wire whisk.
- Return mixture to double boiler and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until custard coats metal spoon.
- Add fructose and vanilla and rum extract.
- Mix all fruit together and divide among 8 serving bowls.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce over each serving or, serve sauce in small bowl for dipping.