Fruit-Filled Chocolate Chip Meringue Nests
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar; beat until sugar is dissolved.
- Gently fold in morsels.
- Spread meringue into ten 3-inch nests with deep wells about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until meringues are dry and crisp.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Heat evaporated milk to boiling in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Stir in morsels.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Drizzle meringues with chocolate sauce and fill with fruit (whole blackberries, blueberries or raspberries, sliced kiwi, peaches or strawberries).
- Serve immediately.