Frozen Mocha Torte
This frozen torte is often my choice to make & take to potluck suppers. It's fast, easy & delicious, says Betty Reuter From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: Taste of Home Test Kitchen Favorites
- 10 – 12 servings
- 1¼ cup chocolate wafer crumbs, about 24 wafers, divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- In bowl, combine 1 cup wafer crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press onto bottom and 1" up sides of greased 9" spring-form pan; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and syrup until smooth.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; add to cream cheese.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Cover; freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Carefully run knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove side of pan.
- Garnish with coffee beans if desired.
Sometimes Betty substitutes cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies for chocolate wafer crumbs. If you do this, omit sugar in crust.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group