Fried Stuffed Oysters on the Half-shell with Crawfish Stuffing
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Recipe Provided by Ralph & Kakoo's, New Orleans
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 ounces Cajun seasoning
- 1 package fried fish mix
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1½ cups onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pound crawfish tails, chopped
- 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 ounces garlic sauce
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, minced
- 1½ cups plain breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté the onions, bell peppers and garlic until vegetables are wilted.
- Add the crawfish tails and saute' for 3 minutes.
- Add blackened seasoning and Cajun seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Remove from heat and stir in the garlic sauce, parsley and green onions.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix lightly until the bread crumbs are incorporated.
- Wash oysters to remove any grit or dirt.
- Shuck oysters and leave on the half-shell.
- Stuff each oyster with crawfish stuffing.
- Place all purpose flour in a pan.
- Place buttermilk and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and mix well.
- Place fried fish mix in another pan.
- To bread, dredge oysters in shell in flour until coated.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Dip in seasoned buttermilk, and finally, dredge in fried fish mix until the whole oyster is coated.
- Fry oyster at 350 °F for 6-8 minutes.