Fried Green Plantains
- Peel plantain by making 2 incisions on opposite sides of the plantain skin.
- Please save the skin and try not to break it.
- Lay the plantain on a cuttinq board & cut the plantain into 1 inch slices in the middle (width, not length - like breaking a banana in 2).
- Heat skillet filled with just enough oil to cover the 1 inch slices.
- Fry plantain slices until golden brown on each side.
- Each slice needs about 30 seconds to to cook.
- Remove them a slice at a time, then place between the plantain skin.
- Press the plantain to make it flat. Try not to break it up.
- Place pressed plantain back in skillet & fry till golden brown.
- Place plantains in a dish layered with napkins so as to drain/soak up the oil.
- Sprinkle salt to taste.