Fresh Tomato Zucchini Soup
Puréed tomatoes and sauteed zucchini are stewed together into a delicious summertime soup!
- Submitted by: SUSANDON to www.prevention.com
- Hands-On Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 55 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 large tomatoes, cored
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh red chile pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the zucchini and garlic in the skillet until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes, onion, and chile pepper, leaving a few small chunks.
- In a large pot, mix the tomato puree and vegetable broth.
- Season with tarragon, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and mix in the zucchini and garlic.
- Cover, and cook 45 minutes.
- 93 Calories | 44% from fat | 2.4g Protein | 5g Fat | 410mg Sodium | 11.7g Carbs | 2.8g Fiber | 0mg Cholesterol | 1mg Iron | 32mg Calcium
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/