Fresh Tomato-Ginger Vinaigrette
Makes 16 x 1-Tablespoon servings.
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root 
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp plain low-fat yogurt
- Use tomato held at room temperature until fully ripe.
- Core and quarter tomato.
- In the container of an electric blender place tomato, ginger, salt, black pepper, oil, orange juice and yogurt.
- Lend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Toss with mixed greens, seafood or chicken salads.
- Refrigerate in a covered container up to 2 days.
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger may be substituted for fresh ginger