Fresh Peach Brûlée
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 large fresh peaches, about 6 ounces (180 g) each
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml)) packed light brown sugar
- Preheat the broiler.
- Line a small baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Halve, peel, and it peaches.
- Lightly coat all sides of each half with cooking spray and sprinkle with some of the lemon juice.
- Place in the prepared pan, cavity side up.
- Using your fingers, sprinkle 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the brown sugar into the cavity and around the top of each peach.
- Broil about 4 inches from source of heat for 1½ to 2 minutes, until sugar caramelizes and begins to glaze the peach.
- Take care not to scorch the sugar.
- Let cool for 1 minute, then serve in individual dessert dishes.
- 47 calories (0% calories from fat), 1 g protein, 0 total fat (0 saturated fat), 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (1 fruit)
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/