French Guianese Chinese Cake
- Soak black eye beans overnight.
- Pressure beans with water for 10 minutes.
- Drain off most of the water and put in a blender or food processor.
- Put in a pot with brown sugar and cook until it becomes thick.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to obtain a dark color.
- Add vanilla and let it cool.
- Mean while, make the pastry.
- Roll flat and cut into 5 inches circles.
- Use two circles.
- Then put a tablespoon of bean filling in your circles and bring the sides up together and twist to close, making a round ball.
- Continue until all are done.
- Put in pan, brush with beaten eggs.
- Then using your finger put a drop of food coloring in the middle of the Dhinese cake.
- Bake until brown at 400°F.