Frank's Fresh Tomato Sauce for Spaghetti
This is Frank Sinatra's Recipe.
- Source: Dinah's Kitchen
From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ onion, sliced into thin crescent wedges
- 1 can (#2½) Italian peeled tomatoes
- ½ tbsp pepper
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp basil
- pinch oregano
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 5 cloves garlic
- grated romano cheese
- hot dried chili pepper
- Put 2 tbsp salt into 4 quarts water and bring to boil.
- In skillet, heat olive oil; add onion and garlic cloves.
- Sauté until brown and remove garlic.
- Put tomatoes in blender with some of the liquid from the can and mix gently, less than a minute.
- Slowly pour tomatoes into skillet.
- Be very careful because the liquid on the oil has a tendency to explode.
- Let this simmer for about 15 minutes.
- After adding seasoning, when spaghetti has been placed in boiling water is done, pour sauce over this.
- Drain spaghetti first.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with small side dishes of red pepper flakes and romano cheese, hot crusty French bread and Italian red wine.
- Don't forget the red checkered tablecloth.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group