Fish and Root Vegetables Broth
- Season the fish with the garlic, olive oil, salt and laurel.
- In a large saucepan place the Onion sliced in rings, the garlic, the laurel, the pepper, the tomatoes chopped up, the sage and the olive oil.
- Fry this for a short while then add the potatoes, the cassava, the yam and the pumpkin cut into cubes. Allow it to stew for a while, adding sufficient water for this purpose.
- When nearly all the ingredients are cooked, add the fish.
- When the fish is cooked the broth is ready.
- If the broth is too watery then, separate from the saucepan, you can dilute a spoon of flour with a small quantity of the broth, and add this to the saucepan with a wooden spoon, to ensure that it does not stick to the spoon.
- The broth can be accompanied, on the same plate, with white rice, or with maize porridge.