Fish Pyramid with Green Sauce
When a Fish Pyramid with Green Sauce was served to us we thought the dish was such a great idea, we decided to suggest it as an additional dish you may want to serve at your Sudanese dinner. It is very easy to make. It can be served as a salad in place of the Salata.
- 2 Ibs. COOKED FISH, boned and flaked (use Haddock, Halibut or any white fish)
- 1 cup CORE of the cabbage, sliced very thin
- 2 tomatoes, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup FRESH CHOPPED DILL or 1 Tbs. dried dill. (If dried dill is used add 1/4 cup chopped parsley to give the sauce its characteristic green color.)
- 1/4 cup PICKLE RELISH.
- Combine the first seven ingredients.
- Shape into a pyramid on a 12 inch plate (with hands moistened with water).
- Combine the second six ingredients.
- Pour the Green Sauce over the pyramid.
- Garnish around edge of plate with the last four ingredients.