- Works best with small fish. Out here in the land of non-Bangladeshi fish, try shrimp or any fresh-water fish cut into very small pieces.
- After heating the oil add all the powder/paste spices and fry for a couple of minutes.
- You might add a little bit of water if you are using powders only.
- Make sure you don't burn the spices.
- (include the onion pastes).
- Add the shredded onions and the fish.
- Add ½ cup of water and the salt.
- Cover the dish and medium-hi heat.
- When the water has almost evaporated, add tomatoes, cilantro, and the onion leaves.
- Heat under low-medium heat till the oil starts to float.