Fig Oat Bars
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Fisher Estate in Rockwall, Texas in 1980. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups oat bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped figs
- Stir together flour, soda and cinnamon then set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat together butter, honey, milk and egg whites.
- Add flour mixture stirring until combined.
- Mix cereal and figs then drop by tablespoon onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with bottom of floured glass then bake at 375°F for 10 minutes.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group