Emeril's Salisbury Steaks
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ lb ground veal
- ¼ lb ground pork
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp Digorno mustard
- Fry bacon until not quite crisp stage.
- With slotted spoon, remove to food processor.
- In at least 3 tbsp drippings, saute diced onions until they start to caramelize but not burn.
- Add them and drippings to bacon.
- Let processor make a paste of this.
- Put meat in large bowl with all ingredients.
- With hands, work meat together until well blended.
- Make oval patties of meat.
- Fry on both sides until well browned.
- Place in 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Put in oven for 30 minutes or until no more pink inside meat.
- Cut a small slit in one with sharp knife and very carefully press meat apart a little to check doneness.